Saturday, January 31, 2009

Typical....

So I hate to be a downer ESPECIALLY when I am leaving tomorrow, but I just checked my credit card balance online. That alone would usually put a heavy weight on my day, but I just paid the whole card off so I was expecting a feeling of loving warmth when I opened my web browser. Not so much. The web page opened to lots and lots of red writing....and even I know that's never a good sign. Apparently, Visa experienced a merchant breech, but they are not sure who that merchant is. Therefore, the put precautionary shut-downs on the credit card numbers that they thought were in danger. Luckily, mine happened to be one of them....fabulous.

So I called Citi Bank and they told me that they were "issuing me a new account number, and my new credit card should arrive within 7-10 days". Apparently they didn't realize that I would no longer be in the country when my new card arrived.

2 comments: