Thursday, February 5, 2009

My first experience in the open market!

Today was a little less interesting than the other days. Usual breakfast at the cafe (still amazing), class stuff....blah. Then we walked to the post office to get a packet for the permisso del soggiorno. It is an application to stay longer than 90 days in Italy. My visa says 130 days so I need added permission to stay that long.

After the little trip to the post office I hit up the open market. SO MUCH STUFF FOR SO LITTLE MONEY! I got a beautiful scarf for 5 euro. The man gave us a deal because we were "ragazzi americane". Love it! Discounts for being american. Then I decided it was time to boot shop. All the women here wear leather boots and I had to find some!!! After a little bit of searching and trying TONS of boots, I finally found a pair of brown leather boots for 30 euro! SOOO GOOD!!!

I grabbed lunch after, and then ran to class again.

After class we grabbed gelato, but I was so tired from the night before I ate it and then took a nap. I woke up, showered, had dinner in and went to "sleep" at 10. I didn't finally fall asleep until 2:30 though. I guess the time change is affecting me more than I thought!

Gotta run! Time to explore and hit the market again! My new mission is BLACK leather boots! haha

1 comment:

  1. Lauren...so much fun! I bet the market is amazing! Have fun and be careful! The pictures are GREAT!!! Love you, Auntie xo

    ReplyDelete