Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sitting in "The Murphy's"

So I am sitting here in "The Murphy's" chatting online and checking e-mail. So weird! I am sitting in a ber doing homework and drinking a cafe macchiato. So fun. Umm so I should update you on the happenings here in Ascoli Piceno.

Last night we went to San Benedetto del Tronto for a party at our friend Giovanni's house. It was so much fun. We just hung out and met some more of the local folk :) San Benedetto is right near the beach. Giovanni's house was something like a 5 minute walk to the beach. How nice is that?!

Things have been good this weekend. We have been going out pretty much every night but just to be social but we have already made tons of friends. I love it. We go to the same bar every night and now the bar tenders know our names! SO funny!

We are finally going to start "real" classes tomorrow...unfortunately. I can not picture myself doing homework here haha. I'm pretty sure that that's a bad thing!

Today I went for a walk through the hills of Ascoli with some of the girls. We took the prettiest pictures! They are going to be up soon, probably tomorrow because it takes too long to load pictures here in the bar. These pictures pretty much speak for themselves. Gorgeous country shots and a couple of the architecture around the outskirts of the city!

I went for a run this morning just to explore the city a little bit by myself. Don't worry Daddy....I stayed on main roads...One road twisted down under a bridge and I had to run back through the gates of the old city to get back to the apartment...SO PRETTY! Ascoli is actually a gated medieval city so the only way to enter or exit the city is through an archway in the wall that surrounds the city, and then over a bridge because a river also surrounds the city. SO COOL!

Miss you all!!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too! I am so glad that you are doing well and love it there. Be safe on those runs!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete