Monday, February 16, 2009

Teaching the Children!

Today was the first day of my practicum. I went to an Italian school in Ascoli Piceno, right over the bridge, to teach English to the Italian children that go to school there. They are soo cute! I am teaching ten year olds and they actually have a grasp on the language. I was very impressed. All the schools in Ascoli teach English so most of the people here have some knowledge of it.

The teacher picked me up at the pharmacy right near the piazza roma this morning at 7:50. We were at the school by 8 and I taught till 10. They asked me simple question like what my name was and where I lived. Then they threw me a curve ball and asked me my thoughts on Obama ....uhhh....no comment? haaha

I had italian class after that and then the girls an I headed to Tonic, our FAB gym. After the usual run, we headed to the "aquatics center". Can I just say, we left for the gym at 3pm, we didn't get back until 7pm!!! We went in the pool, the sauna, the steam room, the turkish bath AND the jaccuzi.

We were all starved when we got back and literally changed and were at Pizzaria Napoli in 20 mins. Now we are at Murphy's again...doing homework... well I guess I'm blogging, but I do have an Italian exam tomorrow and a lot to read for my history class, so I have to make this short. Can I just say that I love the fact that our new homework hangout is a BAR! where the bartenders know us all by our first names? hahaha

I LOVE ASCOLI!

1 comment:

  1. So I am so jealous - you got me! I am sooooo happy you are having a great time! :) I know you are enjoying every second. I miss you but have fun and talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete