Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday! SURPRISE!

So I returned from Ischia on Monday, and Wednesday afternoon I took the 4:30 bus BACK to Rome! I was meeting my family the next day in the Airport, but they didn’t know that because it was a surprise! So I got to Rome at 7:30 and met Giorgio , a friend of the family who lives in Rome. Did I mention that neither he nor his wife speak ANY English haha….He was picking up my parents, two younger brothers and Andrea (family friend…basically family) at Fiumicino (one of the airports in Rome) in the morning. This whole scheme was actually Andrea’s idea and everything was all set-up for me. All I had to do was show up in Rome Wednesday night.
Giorgio and his daughter Giorgia took me to grab a big rental car for the fam when they got here. When I saw it I instantly dubbed it “Nostro Pullman!” (our bus! Haha). It was actually a 9 person van hahaha! Giorgio got a kick out of that one.
Then we headed back to their house where Giorgio’s wife Danilla was preparing dinner. She made an amazingly delicious meal. It was simple but out of this world. Pasta and chicken but SO GOOD!
After dinner…so at like 11pm haha….Giorgio, Danilla and Giorgia drove me to my hotel and got me settled for the night. The next morning Giorgio picked me up at 6:30am so we could get to the airport for 7:30am. Naturally, my parent’s plane was late, but it gave me more time to figure out a surprise strategy with Giorgio.
When they finally walked through the arrivals door I ran behind a column and popped up in front of them….SURPRISE! They had no idea. It was great.
We went to the hotel and the fam took a nap while I read. Did I mention that I started reading Twilight? BAD CHOICE! MY LIFE REVOLVES AROUND THESE BOOKS! Haha kinda sad actually…anyway...After their nap Giorgio met us and we went out and saw a few things around Rome. There are some pictures that I took of a site of a dig that is actually going on in the city right now. Giorgio was basically our master-mind tour guide all weekend that had every connection possible in Rome. It was great!
Then we went to a pizza place where we met-up with Danilla and Giorgia. After we all successfully ate enough for two weeks we rolled ourselves back into nostro Pullman to go back to the hotel and crash for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment