Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sono Tornata!!! Friday and Saturday

That's right people!! I'm back in ITALY!!! I am here visiting my friend Martina! I flew over Friday night and for the most part my flight was uneventful...which was a good thing. I grabbed some food at the airport (NASTY) and made my way onto the plane. After eight and a half hours, two movies, multiple john mayer songs and countless knee bumps from people passing in the lane next to me, I arrived in Munich. Not much to say about Germany...atleast what I saw of it. It was snowy and people were talking really fast in a language that I didn't understand. The only words I know in German are numbers and 'kinder'...thanks to the kinder eggs I used to buy in Ascoli.
As I walked from the plane to the airport, I could not help but relate Munich to a James Bond movie. I know it sounds bad, but there were german people running around everywhere in uniform! James Bond and Indiana Jones are my only experiences with this sort of thing(but not I'm thinking that Indiana Jones was Russia.....).
The flight from Munich was smooth. I sat down in my seat and was amazed at the amount of leg room that I had. I could stretch out and still not hit the seat in front of me. Just as I was reveling in my new-found space, I realized why my seat was so roomy. I was sitting next to the emergency exit....great....

Luckily, the plane landed without an issue. I ran out of that thing SO FAST! I WAS IN ITALY!!!

OH GOTTA RUN! I'll finish later! ENRICO IS HERE!!!

Ok this is me finishing...by the way, Enrico is ridiculously funny....and jacked.

I had to wait a little while for my 'valigio', but the pink bubble a.k.a Martina's suit case that I was bringing back to her came out pretty quickly along with my suitcase. There are sliding glass doors that seperate the baggage claim area from the pick-up area. As I was walking out, the people in front of me were making the doors open and close. Through the opening and closing doors, I could see Martina, Teresa and Alberto all screaming and frantically waving at me! HA! That was a much better welcome than Mike Burke gave me when I went come last time.

I went back to Martina's house and her mother fed me to the point where I thought I was going to burst. Martina and Andrea both warned me of this, but it happened anyway...oh well. I took a nap after lunch and then went out to Martina's sister's birthday party Saturay night.

No comments:

Post a Comment