Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wednesday

Alberto was supposed to have a meeting to day but he changed so that we could go to.....wait for it.....FIRENZE!!!!!! YAY! We took the eurostar (a super fast train) and went to florence for the day!

While we were eating breakfast, Alberto was practicing his english, and the next thing I know this italian guy is speaking english to me! Apparently he spent a year in texas and wanted to talk, but he was weird so I just nodded and went back to my brioche.

When we arrived in Florence, the first thing that we did was climb to the top of the Duomo! I did this last year, but it was so fun that I wanted to do it again! From the cupola, you can see the entire city and it's just gorgeous.

After that we walked through palazzo vecchio to the leather market. Now picture an enormous open market...just with leather good....HEAVEN. The smell alone is enough to make you want to cuddle up with a purse and take a nap!I may or may not have bought a new wallet and bag....maybe.....
After that we walked around, ate a gelato and saw the typical sites in Florence.

GREAT DAY! We had McDonalds for dinner too. Now, those of you who know me well know I detest McDonalds....bt this was italian McDonalds and I had a salad with proscutto and parmagiano on it... I LOVE ITALY

No comments:

Post a Comment